Terms and Conditions
How to join this campaign
- Choose your most favorite sense.
- Complete and submit the application form.
- Share and tag friends on social media, e.g., Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
The period of registration is August 1-31, 2017.
- “The 6Senses Project” (henceforth the “Project”) is owned and organized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (“TAT”) with the purpose of promoting and boosting tourism in Thailand. The TAT invites any foreigners who are interested in Thainess and have experienced Thailand’s traveling to participate in the Project. The participants will be required to register into the program and share the video clips of the Project to their social network of “ Thai Local Experiences,” filmed in any of these 6 senses topics: SIGHT, SMELL, TASTE, TOUCH, HEARING and BELIEF. The TAT will launch the promoted video clips filmed in the mentioned contest topics for the participants to choose upon their preferences and The TAT will launch the video clips for the participants to share through each individual social network; i.e., Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, etc. and tag one of their friends or follower.
- Only 6 (six) winners and their partners (one for each participant) will be selected by the Project Committee to experience Local Thainess and participate in several activities in Thailand relating to the 6 aforementioned topics with free of charge through all the programs arranged by the TAT (personal expenses are excluded).
- The TAT will film the 6 winners and their partners while traveling and doing activities in Thailand and produce into the video clips and upload on the website: 6senses.tourismthailand.org. The 6 winners and their partners will be awarded a local experiences package in accordance with selected by the Project Committee. The registration and sharing period starts on 1 August 2017 and lasts until 31 August 2017
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the participation of the Project. As you, [-insert name of the Finalist-] (henceforth “you” or “your”), and your teammate have been selected to be one of the six winners teams by the Project Committee to participate in this Project (the “ Winner Team”), you and your teammate are required to sign and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Project as described below in order to participate in this Project. We suggest that you read the following Terms and Conditions carefully. Should you have any questions and/or require any clarification, please direct them to the TAT.
- In any event, your participation in this Project will be construed as an acceptance to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to or cannot comply with any provision of the Terms and Conditions, you should not accept an offer to participate in the Project.
- How to join this campaign
Qualifications of the Project Participation
In order to participate in the Project, you represent, warrant and agree that
- You are at least 20, but not more than 45 years of age on the first date of the application period. You are non-Thai, residing either in Thailand or abroad. Your team must consist of 2 people.
- You have at least 2 social media accounts in, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WeChat, Weibo, etc. which are continued in active.
- You have good physical conditions and no underlying or contagious disease, and must be able to participate in every activity provided in the Project.
- You must never have any criminal record or conduct any illegal occupation both inside and outside Thailand.
- During participating in the Project, if the TAT requests you to post your video clips or pictures relating to the Project on the website or other media arranged by the TAT, you agrees that the storyline of your video clips or pictures relating to the Project contains appropriate contents with no obscenity, defamation of any third party, or matters that are deemed contrary to the good morals of the Thai society or illegitimate under Thai laws. If the TAT found out that your video clips or pictures contains inappropriate contents as aforesaid, the TAT reserves the rights to take down your video clip from such website or other media (if any) and to disqualify you from the Project without any prior notice required.
- Your video clips or pictures posted during the application period and participating in the activities of the Project (if any) shall be original, with no infringement of other person’s fame or copyright in his/her work. If there is any lawsuit arising from your video clips or pictures, you, as the owner of the disputed video clip or picture, shall be solely responsible. The TAT will not be responsible for any matters as a consequence of the lawsuit in any event.
- You will have to present your and your teammate’s genuine passports to confirm your identities upon requested by the TAT when arrived Thailand, and allow the TAT to make copies of those passports for reference. Your passport is required to be valid for at least 6 (six) months from the date of entry into Thailand and be ready to be used for your entry to Thailand for the Project‘s participation.
- You must be available to travel to Thailand for the Project’s participation for at least 3 (three) weeks, and must obtain a valid visa to reside and travel in Thailand for the Project’s participation as required by the TAT for a period of at least 3 (three) weeks. Also, you are required to bear all costs incurred on your visa application.
- During the activities in Thailand, you are not bound by or subject to any type of contract or commitment which would prevent you from fully participating in the Project.
- You have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this agreement, to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, and agree that the TAT cannot be held liable if laws applicable to you restrict and prohibit your participation in this Project.
- You are the same person who submitted the application, documents, photos and video clip through 6senses.tourismthailand.org. There is no false identity or transfer of the rights to participate in this Project to other person.
- Your personal details, medical history or other information provided by you or any person on your behalf to the TAT whether through the website: 6senses.tourismthailand.org or by other communications are true, accurate and complete.
The Winner Teams’ Obligations and Undertakings for the Project’s Participation in Thailand
- Subject to earlier termination under these Terms and Conditions, you shall stay in Thailand and participate all the Project’s activities organized by the TAT for at least 2 (two) weeks from September 27 - October 8, 2017
- During the stay in Thailand, there shall be a video filming of such activities which will be uploaded to the website: 6senses.tourismthailand.org The results will be announced on September 4, 2017 on the website: 6senses.tourismthailand.org . You are required to contact the TAT for receiving your prize within September 10, 2017; otherwise, it shall be deemed that you waive the right to claim your prize.
- By participating in this Project, you agree to allow the TAT to publicize information regarding the activities that you will participate or participated in the Project and to use any personal information given by you for the purposes which the TAT, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate e.g. to use the name and last name, photos, filmed video clips, quotes, interviews, or any other likeness for a promotion in various media, and have the right to copy, alter, and circulate the same to the public. It is deemed that the TAT has obtained permission in doing so from you without prior notice or further compensation.
- The Project’s activities in Thailand will be scheduled on the date set by the TAT and the TAT will arrange an interpreter to help facilitate you until the end of the Project period.
- You agree to abide by all rules, regulations, guidance and directions reasonably given or set out for the Project by the TAT.
- Any activities organized by the TAT, in relation to SIGHT, SMELL, TASTE, TOUCH, HEARING and BELIEF, will be under the direct supervision of the well-trained and experienced staffs in the field. During each activity, The Winner Teams will be asked to share or post their activity through their social network.
- You are required to prepare all personal belongings, such as clothes, shoes and medicine for use during the Project’s activities in Thailand.
- You will be monitored and supervised by the TAT until the Project’s activities carried out in Thailand are accomplished, and will be able to travel back to your home country after finishing the scheduled activities of the Project.
- You will be responsible for your personal expenses that the Project does not agree to provide, such as telephone bills, alcohols, food and beverages during times not participating in the Project’s events or activities, including your personal request outside the responsibility of the TAT.
- Individuals or your relatives not involved with the Project are not allowed to enter into your residence or join in the Project’s activities unless receiving consents from the TAT.
- In the case that the TAT inspected or later found out that you have breached any Terms and Conditions, or concealed any fact to the TAT, the TAT has the rights to immediately disqualify and eliminate you from the Project’s participation without any obligations to pay compensation to you in any event. In addition, the TAT shall be entitled to file a lawsuit against you for compensation for damages.
Privileges of the Winner Teams
Subject to the qualifications under Clause 2 above and compliance with the Terms and Conditions, you, as a Winner Team, will be entitled to
- Receive a free round trip airline ticket of international airline between Bangkok and your country of departure (You are required to be responsible for all costs and expenses to arrange your own transportation to and from the airport.
- Receive a free round trip airline ticket for domestic flights as the TAT deems appropriate for traveling during participating in the Project’s activities in Thailand.
- Receive meal, transportation and accommodation according to the Project’s specified types and rates during the activities period, except for your personal expenses and personal request.
- Receive accident insurance coverage during the stay in Thailand, as the TAT deems appropriate.
The prizes/awards for the Winner Teams are as follows
The winner team of the Project will be awarded
A 12 days 11 nights package in 6Senses local experiences theme for 2 persons value THB 250,000 from the TAT
- Doi Mae Klang Luang, Chiang Mai
- Ban Hom Samunphrai, Chiang Mai
- Ban Na Ton Jan, Sukhothai
- Ban Na Ton Jan, Sukhothai
- Dan Sai, Loei
- Bandontee, Samut Songkhram
- The prize is subject to the conditions provided by the sponsors who grant the prize, and is non-transferable and cannot exchange for cash. You shall bear any/all income tax imposed according to the Revenue Code of Thailand and under the agreed conditions. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the TAT where the TAT is unable to provide the stated prize or any part thereof, the TAT reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item/package of similar value, to be determined at the TAT’s sole discretion.
- The prizes/awards for the Winner Teams are as follows
Rights and Decisions of the TAT
- The TAT reserves the rights to postpone or cancel the Project at any time as deemed appropriate, and shall not be held liable for any such postponement or cancelation.
- The decision of the Project committee in any matters relating to the Project, announcement of the winner, is deemed final, and the TAT reserves the rights not to provide any comment, answer, or correspondence to questions or enquiries raised by you or any person.
Intellectual Property Right
- You understand and agree that the TAT shall have the right to obtain copyrights on your work, including photos, video clips, interviews, paintings or any records that may occur during the whole period of time that you join the activity of the Project, and has the exclusive of all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in or arising from the Project (whether present or future) including all media in and to photographs, audiovisual works, cinematographic work, audio or video recordings/broadcasting and all types of recordings of anything or any activities that you communicate or perform during your participation in the Project.
- TAT shall have the right to modify, use, assign or dispose of your video, names, images, audio, photographs, voices, biographical materials, video submission and/or likeness during your participation in the Project for displaying, advertising, promotion, editorial, publicity via online and offline media and through domestic and international marketing and/or other purposes, including posting the videos or screen names online or on a winner’s list and other online announcements, and for sharing those video or information with the media for viewing, voting or commenting, whether through television, media, website or print, without requiring to obtain your prior approval and to provide any compensation to you.
- Your personal information, opinion, comments, interview, communication, feedback, criticism, articles, responses, voting records or ideas, or other similar contents of or related to you and the Project or your application, documents, photographs, medical records/history sent to the TAT through the Project’s website or any communication in corporation with the TAT or its representative, shall not be deemed confidential, in which the TAT is entitled to reproduce, analyze, summarize, use in any manner, adapt, distribute, communicate to public, or publicity thereof without restriction or requiring to obtain your prior approval or to provide any compensation to you in any event.
Limitation of liability
- To the extent permissible under the applicable laws, under no circumstances shall the TAT (including its officer, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, representatives) be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or injuries which you may suffer or sustain arising out of or related to the Project, including personal injury, property loss or damage, or theft as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize/award granted under the Project, except due to willful misconduct or gross negligence of the TAT.
- You agree to compensate, indemnify and hold the TAT harmless against any loss, damage, expense or liability reasonably caused by you to the TAT in relation to the Project.
Upon occurrence of the following events, the TAT, by giving notice to you, is entitled to immediately disqualify or terminate you from the Project
- You or your teammate decide not to continue participating in the Project due to whatever reason;
- You or your teammate are in breach or fail to comply with any provisions of the Terms and Conditions;
- Your or your teammate’s conduct or speech is deemed by the sole discretion of the TAT to be impolite, disordered or disruptive;
- You or your teammate fail to comply with the TAT’s reasonable direction; or
- You or your teammate have supplied inaccurate personal details or other information to the TAT.
Consequence of Termination
Upon such termination under Clause 9
- The TAT reserves the right to offer other alternate to replace you and/or your teammate for participating in the Project as deemed appropriate; and/or
- You and your teammate are not entitled to claim for any compensation or remuneration against the TAT, and shall be liable to indemnify and compensate the TAT for any loss or damage arising from such termination, including all costs and expenses paid by the TAT to invite you to participate in the Project (e.g. round trip airplane ticket and accommodation provided).
- Any termination of the Terms and Conditions, including the participation to the Project, shall be in addition to, and not a waiver of, any remedy at law available to the TAT arising from such termination.
- Upon such termination under Clause 9
In the event that any provision of the Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a competent authority or court in accordance with any applicable laws, then such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the other provisions of this Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and affect.
The TAT reserves the right to change or modify any provision of the Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Thai laws.